torstai 30. lokakuuta 2014

I don't have time

Life is too short to eat from ugly tableware!

At home:
Black and white Taika by Klaus Haapaniemi for Iittala


At Vårkulla:
Korento by Klaus Haapaniemi for Iittala


At the cottage:
Black and white Paratiisi by Birger Kaipiainen for Iittala


I am still trying to find the perfect glassware and cutlery, which is not as easy as finding tableware. For glasses we have green Ote glasses, Gaissa by Sarpaneva and Taika by Haapaniemi (all by Iittala). In addition we have French crystal glasses, Stockmann Villa wine glasses, Ikea wine glasses, old glasses bought from flea markets, cheap brandy glasses from super market etc. I would love to have only Finnish glasses but I want to have wine glasses that can be washed in the dish washer and the only one's by Iittala I like are too big for our small washer. And to be hones, I don't much like the ones I claim to like...I like the French glasses, old glasses from the 40's and Villa Stockman glasses much more..

For cutlery we have Hackman's Carelia at home (which I love as the serie is very large - everything from small spoons to cake servers), Hackman's Memory at Vårkulla and then a Spanish design cutlery at the cottage (don't remember the name, the only thing I remember is that the forks are useless when eating new boiled potatoes..).

Memory would have been a perfect choice also for home as for cottage as I love the old fashioned design but Hackman discontinued the production and I didn't manage to buy the whole serie even for Vårkulla before the prodcut vanished from the stores. In addition the line didn't have scoops and other serving cutlery, so it is would have not been so perfect after all. Well, the search continues...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti